The pink salt found in Himalayan Salt Saunas was formed over 250 million years ago from the evaporation of ancient oceans when pollution did not exist and planet Earth was a pristine ecosystem. The salt from the Himalayan Mountains is as pure as the primal seas themselves and contain all the minerals and trace elements essential to human life. Combined with heat, Himalayan salt has remarkable healing properties and has been used as therapy for centuries (Speleotherapy).
HEALING POWER OF HIMALAYAN SALT SAUNAS
- Warmth of Saunas opens the pores of the skin, allowing easy absorption of the 84 healing minerals found in Himalayan salt
- Harvard study reports that regular Sauna use results in positive cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol
- The combination the Sauna’s heat and the Salt’s minerals raise the body’s metabolic rate and improves thyroid function which results in increased weight loss
- Saunas help rid the body of toxins
- Heated Himalayan Salt helps to balances hormones
- When Himalayan Salt is heated and inhaled it improves lung functions and can cure chronic asthma, allergies and other respiratory ailments
- Heated Himalayan Salt improves skin and can cure eczema, psoriases and other skin ailments
- Heated Himalayan Salt creates a bacteria-free environment and helps fight viruses
- Saunas increase circulation to the skin and help prevent cellulite
- Himalayan Salt Saunas ease stiff muscles
- Heated Himalayan Salt releases negative ions which neutralize the positive charge of electromagnetic radiation (cell phones, computers) in our bodies which weakens the immune system.
- Saunas reduce the effects of stress
- Himalayan Salt Saunas help regulate blood pressure, blood sugar and pH acid levels
Resources: Harvard Medical School, New England Journal of Med. 2006, Saint-Petersburg